STS (Standard Transfer Specification) prepayment meters take digital medium as information exchange media. Users load in pre-purchased credit and then the meters take credit as their billing to realize the functions of active energy measuring and prepayment control and realize remote communication and remote control via module.
Local power companies or utilities use prepayment meters to avoid debts by charging power bills in advance. Additionally, prepayment smart meters with automatic reading function reduces cost of manual collecting meter data.
For end-customers, they can check their meter load in real time to use power reasonably. They can also recharge meters in any place and any time, instead of going to local power company to pay for.
CLOU STS Prepayment Meters
We have many STS prepayment meters, such as CL730S22 and CL710K22. You can also find more information about prepayment meters here.
Differences between TOKEN and Meter Numbers
TOKEN numbers and meter numbers are two totally different things.
According to the STS standard, a TOKEN has only complete 20 digits.
While CLOU STS meters have 11 digits. Other CLOU meters also have 12 digits.
The length of meter numbers is customized.
When you input a Token by which the prepayment meter can not work, the meter will show error codes. Specific reasons are cited one by one as below. If your meter equips an UIU (User Interface Unit), error codes also shows on its LCD.
Error Codes Shown on CLOU Prepayment Meter
CLOU regulates prepayment meter error codes in a certain statement according to the IEC62055-41 chapter 7.1. Almost all CLOU prepayment meters have the same error codes.
Here takes error codes shown on the CL730S22 three-phase meter as an example.
- ACCEPT: TOKEN accepted.
- REJECT: TOKEN rejected.
- OLD: TOKEN expired.
- USED: TOKEN used.
- OK: Operation accepted.
- Err_01: Error in manufacturer code. The Manufacturer Code value in the Class 1 token does not match the Manufacturer Code value for the Decoder.
- Err_02: Key expired error. The TID (Token Identifier) value as record in the token is larger than the KEN (Key Expiry Number)stored in the payment meter memory.
Solution: First, please check your meter KEN value if it has expansion space or not; If the number is already maximum, shift the TID and change the Base Date in the energy selling system into “2014” option.
- Err_03: DDTK (Decoder Default Transfer Key) error. The Decoder has a DDTK value in the DKR (Decoder Key Register): a Transfer Credit token may not be processed by the Meter Application Process in accordance with the values given in credit.
- Err_04: Overflow error. The credit register in the payment meter would overflow if the token were to be accepted; the token is not accepted.
- Err_05: Key type error. The key may not be changed to this type in accordance with the key change rules.
- Err_06: TOKEN format error. One or more data elements in the token does not comply with the required format for that element.
- Err_07: TOKEN range error. One or more data elements in the token have a value that is outside the defined range of values defined in the application for that elements.
- Err_08: TOKEN Function error. The particular function to execute the token is not available.
- NULL: Reserved
Troubleshooting to Pairing A UIU with A Meter
If something wrong happens while paring a UIU (User Interface Unit) with an energy meter, the following steps can be taken to initiate the UIU for troubleshooting.
- Step1: Input “1593570” + “999” + “Enter” to initialize the UIU.
- Step2: Input “1593570” + “11-digit meter number” + “Enter” to pair the meter with UIU.
- Step3: Input “999” + “enter” to check the paired meter, and “12-digit address” will be displayed on the UIU.
So far, we have received a great number of comments about meter error codes and TOKEN. This article aims to at least provide a fundamental explanation to error codes.
For visitors who are finding information about them, wish this article can help you.
If you have more questions about error codes, just leave a comment below to discuss it.
Thank you for your reading and best wishes.
Error Codes of STS Prepayment Meters